When Do You Need 3D CAD Design Services?
In order for companies to manufacture your part, you need to have the proper 3D CAD file illustrating and explaining the purpose of your idea, part or design. This is where Idea2Parts’ 3D Design Services can help. If you’re not sure if your idea, part or design is ready, review the following statements below:
- You have an idea and are ready to have your idea, part or design made.
- You have a hand sketch or detailed drawing of your idea, part or design.
- You are ready to see how much it will cost to have your idea, part or design injection molded (plastic parts) or made using CNC technology (metal parts).
- You need to have a mold made of your idea, part or design but need a 3D CAD design file to give to the mold company.
- You have contacted a mold company, injection mold company or a CNC company and they have told you, you need a 3D CAD drawing or a .STEP file.
If you answered YES to any of these statements give us a call. We’re here to remove the obstacles in your way. Our expert staff can explain our procedure and guide through the process to get your idea, part or design ready for the next step.
NEED A FILE
FOR YOUR IDEA?
WE WILL CREATE
THE FILE YOU NEED
SEND YOU THE
FILE TO DOWNLOAD
TO GET YOU STARTED
ON YOUR DREAM
What Is A 3D CAD Design / Drawing
In its simplest form 3D CAD designs or drawings can be viewed on a computer screen as a real physical part when rotated. The advantages are many over 2D Drawings.
The true power, if your part is designed correctly, is providing you with the correct file format to get your idea, part or design made right the first time.
Most Popular file formats Idea2Parts will provide to have your mold created!
|This file is a "general" STEP format. AP203 defines the geometry, topology, and configuration management data of solid models for mechanical parts and assemblies. This file type does not manage colors and layers.|
|This file includes everything as the STEP AP203 file but adds color, layers, geometric dimensioning and tolerance and design intent. AP214 is considered an extension of the AP203 file.|
|STL||*.stl||This file is a file format native to the stereolithography CAD software created by 3D Systems. STL has several after-the-fact backronyms such as "Standard Triangle Language" and "Standard Tessellation Language."|
|Solidwork Part||*.sldprt||Is a file extension for an image file used with Solidworks CAD software. This file contains a 3D object or part that can be combined with other parts to create an assembly.|
|IGES||*.igs||This file is a graphics file saved in a 2D/3D vector format based on the Initial Graphics Exchange Specification (IGES). IGS files are used by many CAD programs as a standard ASCII text-based format for saving and exporting vector data.|
Our 3D CAD Design Services Include
- 3D Solid Modeling Design – Starting with your idea, sketch or a physical part utilizing Solidworks 2019 Premium
- The ability to talk through your design with you and all the steps to get your product completed after you have your 3D CAD files.
- We have the ability to 3D print your part(s) in house so you can test your part before you have them made with an injection mold company or CNC company.
- We can provide you detailed drawings for your records.